I Had my Tummy Tuck on July 2nd and This Past Week Part of my Incision Has Become Swollen an Painful? (photo)

My tummy tuck was done on July 2nd and everything has been amazing. This week I have noticed part of my incision has become swollen, red and painful. It was uncomfortable at first but yesterday was the worst. This was also my first week back to work (I'm a cosmetologist) and I took it super easy. Yesterday I could hardly walk with out the incision feeling like fire also its painful to the touch. Part still looks tacked down by a suture so it dips in in that spot. Any suggestions?

Redness in the incision always accompanies wound healing.

+1

I don't see anything worrisome in the photographs. Nevertheless, if you're concerned about infection or fluid collection it would be best to visit your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,21-atlanta-abdominoplast.htm

I Had my Tummy Tuck on July 2nd and This Past Week Part of my Incision Has Become Swollen an Painful?

+1

Dear envynds,

Thank you for your post.  This looks like an incisional infection and should be assessed in person by your surgeon.  Make an appointment to see him.

Best Wishes,

Pablo PRichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

TT July 2nd

+1

Sometiimes   internal   suture ,   may  cause   some   strange  body    reaction     or   extrusion   and    in   the    place     where   this    is happening   start  a   swollen  reaction  that    can  also     be   present   an  exudate,   seroma  or  pus ,         you should    go    for   a reevaluation   with  you PS ,    because  sometimes  is  necessary  to  take the thread   out  by   an  small  incision

+1

SEE YOUR SURGEON ASAP! You might have an infected seroma or wound edge infection. The photos show this. 

Painful, swollen incision needs to be evaluated.

+1

You may not have anything significant going on, but it is best to call your surgeon to be seen.  If there is an infection or other fluid collection in the incision, it will need to be drained.  These types of situations are fairly common after any type of surgery and can easily be treated, but you will need to call to be seen.

Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Part of my Incision Has Become Swollen an Painful?

+1

This could be a wound infection requiring treatment. A call to your surgeon for evaluation should be made ASAP.  All the best.