Why is my Tummy Tuck Incision So Swollen After 2 Weeks Post Op?

I had a Lipo and MiniTummy Tuck on April 10 and my love handles look amazing but I'm not too impress right now with the front part of my stomach. The incision area is a bit hard and puffy. And I feel every bone I think in my stomach. I'm only two week and I think I was under the impression after having both of these surgeries I should have been much flatter. I hope it' sonly swelling and nerve aggravation and nothing serious. I hope my stomach actually get flatter.

Swelling Normal 2 weeks after Tummy Tuck

+2

It is perfectly normal to be swollen especially in the lower front part of your tummy. Edema is essentially micro-droplets of water and serum in your tissues and "water runs down hill" is a simple answer. You might also have a small collection of serum (seroma) that typically resolves on its own. Not to worry, you will definitely look better in the weeks ahead.

Early result after mini-tuck

+1
You are only two weeks postop and it is way too soon to expect a flat stomach. Puffiness and aching you describe a completely normal. You should, of course continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Robert L. Kraft, MD