I Had my Tummy Tuck with Fat Transferred to my Butt 6 Weeks Ago. I Have Bulges on Both of my Sides, Is it Be Dog Ears? (photo)

Hello, I had a tt with fat transferred to butt. Im very unhappy with my results. I have bulges on both sides which I believe to be dog ears. My surgeon first told me that it may be fluid. He is now telling me that it's fat that that I should lose weight. I'm confused because I paid him to put the fat in my butt. I have lost 6 pds since me surgery and I really don't see any change in the bulges. My tummy is still fat and butt is still flat. Can someone please advise me on where to go from here?

I Have Bulges on Both of my Sides, Is it Be Dog Ears?

+1

I would really need to see after pictures as well as this before before making any comment or suggestion. Please consider reposting your question. All the best. 

I Had my Tummy Tuck with Fat Transferred to my Butt 6 Weeks Ago. I Have Bulges on Both of my Sides, Can it Be Dog Ears?

+1

I am sorry, but I do not see an after picture.    I would give yourself another 6 weeks to heal.  If you feel you need a revision at that time, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks, tummy tuck revisions, Brazilian buttlifts, and Brazilian buttlift revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Photos are really needed (before and current)

+1

to get objective/subjective response from the gallery.  If you had a tummy tuck, you tummy HAS to be less full.  Fat grafting is more unpredictable and you should investigate what your surgeon's revision policy is as it sounds like you may need to use it.

Curtis Wong, MD

Possible dogears

+1

Thanks for your inquiry, but without an after picture it is hard to comment on if you have a dogear.  If you have swelling ask your doctor if you can add a girdle to help.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Possible dog ears after an abdominoplasty

+1

Really need a photograph to understand your problem but if you have bulges at the lateral ends of the abdominoplasty incisions then it is most likely due to dog ears.  These can get better over time, if not they may require additional liposuction or excision of excess skin.  

More Treatment needed

+1

Thank you for your pictures.  I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your results.  You may have not had all the body contouring surgery that is required to achieve an improved look.  It appears that you have some weakness of your abdominal wall.  Despite having liposuction, you may need a tummy tuck to flatten and shape your waist. This in turn will make your buttock appear larger and look more shapely.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS