I had my tummy tuck and muscle tightening 2 weeks ago. Is all this swelling and pain normal? (Photo)

I am more swollen than what I started it feels like and the pain is still pretty bad. I still can't stand up straight. Is this normal?

I had my tummy tuck and muscle tightening 2 weeks ago. Is all this swelling and pain normal?

+1
NO! Best to seek immediate in person examinations. Could be seroma fluids causing this issue. Good luck. 

Abdominoplasty issues

+1
Thank you for your picture. It is not unusual to have significant swelling after surgery. I would make sure that you do not have fluid versus swelling. Your compression garment is significantly helpful in your recovery to reduce swelling and fluid. Also, it is not unusual to have the inability to stand straight. This usually lasts about two weeks to three if the most. Please consult with your plastic surgeon.

Good luck.

Earl Stephenson Jr MD DDS FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Normal Swelling

+1
Thank you for your question!  Congratulations on a nice result.  Your swelling is normal and will resolve in 1-4 months.  In the meantime wear a compression garment to manage the swelling and for comfort.  Best wishes!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon