I Got my Tubes Tied So No More Children I'm Wondering if It's Possible to Get a Tummy Tuck and Use the Extra Fat in my Breast?

195 lbs 29 yrs old 5'7

Fat transfer to the breasts

+1

Thank you for the question.  Fat transfer to the breasts is possible.  The fat is obtained through liposuction and placed through micro-fat grafting.  Whether this is a good option for you depends on several factors including whether you have enough fat in the abdominal area, whether your breasts need a lift, and how big of a cup size increase you are looking for.

Dr. Remus Repta

Momm makeover with fat transfer to breasts

+1

A mommy makeover is a series of procedures. One example is a tummy tuck, liposuction (flanks) and breast augmentation.  For your question, it is possible to take fat from one area and transfer it to your breasts. However, it is not recommended to liposuction the central abdomen and have a tummy tuck because of issues with blood supply. The makeover can be wheat you want it to be but you should speak with your plastic surgeon to ensure the safest course with the combination of procedures you would like.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Fat grafting to breast.

+1

Yes it is possible but there are many factors to consider before you decide to go this route.  Do you have a family history of breast cancer?  How much fat is in your extra tummy tissue?  How big do you want to be afterward?

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Fat grafting

+1

Yes it is possible to have a tummy tuck and fat grafting to the breast at the same time. The breast enhancement will be modest because of volume concerns

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Possible to Get a Tummy Tuck and Use the Extra Fat in my Breast?

+1

Although you may or may not be a good candidate for fat injections to the breast, and you would need to carefully review the pros and cons of fat grafting as compared with implants, it is certainly possible to harvest fat from the tissue that will be removed anyway with a tummy tuck. 

The main disadvantage compared with implants is the relative unpredictability of percent of take of the grafted fat. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Tummy tuck and breast augmentation

+1

Some surgeons will inject fat for primary breast augmentation.  I am still on the fence regarding this technique.  Certainly a tummy tuck and a breast augmentation can be performed at the same time.

Fat from Tummy Tuck to Increase Breast Size

+1

There are two ways of doing this. One involves using liposuction on the abdominal fat which will be removed and then transferring it as a fat graft to the breast. The second, more complex way, is to do a "reverse abdominoplasty" and move the fat up to the breasts as attached tissue. While both of these are possible, breast implants are likely to give the most predictable result. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Fat to Breasts with Mommy Makeover- Why Not? Ask Dr Ellen

+1

Hello Misswoman,

Fat grafting has been used for the purposes of shaping the breasts more and more in the last several years.  Depending on your goals for breast shaping, this might be an option for you.

Considerations would include:

1.  current breast size, shape

2.  volume requirements

3.  quality of your skin

4.  presence of breast sagging

5.  one stage or multiple stages

Pre operative goals would be include reaching your best weight in advance of surgery.

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction for Breast Augmentation

+1

From a technical standpoint, one could liposuction the fat from the tummy tuck tissue that is to be removed and this could be used to augment the breasts.  However, I only offer the fat grafting to the breast, because there are no long term studies about fat grafting to the breasts and its effects on breast cancer.