My Tooth Hurts While Eating After a Normal Filling?

It doesn't always hurt, it's good till i eat a really hard meal like steak and once it starts to hurt it take few days hurts with any simple soft food even a gum. Dr. said filling is good but there is a space between it and the tooth besides :( she said I just need to fluse!! or start doing a crown! Honestly I don't trust her anymore to let her work on another tooth, she has already break a file inside another tooth and had to extract a root. Is there any other solution ? Can it be a gingivitis

Tooth hurts after filling?

+2

If it continues for more that 4-6 weeks you may want to consider a medicated filling to see if the symptoms go away and if they don't sometimes teeth need a root canal, my suggestion is if you have lost confidence it is sometimes better to seek care from someone else good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD   CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Seek Another Dentist Adviche

+2

Hi

It is not normal for that tooth that had a filling to hurt this much. Something is wrong with the filling.  You do not seem to trust your dentist and from what you have stated, flossing is not going to make this pain go away.  Also I do not understand why she would suggest a crown. I would find another dentist and ask for a free consultation on an on going problem you are having with a tooth and see if you can bring or have xrays sent to the new dentist! Good luck and I would change dentists!

Valencia Cosmetic Dentist

Tooth hurts while chewing after restoration placed

+2

It sounds like you have lost confidence in your dentist.  From your description the filling material may be contaminated or you could have fractured your teeth.  I would seek care from someone else to determine the cause of your pain.  Good luck

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Pain on biting

+2

It sounds like there may be a gap between the bottom of the filling and the tooth. If this is the case then a new filling to seal that gap may help significantly. If there is a crack in the tooth then redoing the filling will likely not help and a crown may be needed. 

Mississauga Cosmetic Dentist

Tooth pain

+2

It is difficult to answer this question without an xray or exam, but sometimes, simply replacing the filling may solve your problem. Tooth colored fillings are extremely technique sensitive and if not placed properly they may result in post operative sensitivity. If the filling is too bulky or not touching the adjacent teeth you may be getting some gum inflammation since it is a food trap and that may cause the ligament around your gums to get inflamed and cause some sensitivity when chewing. There are a variety of reasons why your current filling may be failing.  If you are not sure about your current dentist you always have the option of getting a second or even third opinion. 

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Tooth Hurts

+1

See another dentist if you don't want to continue with your present one.  If the bite is off, have it adjusted.  If its not the bite, it sounds like you have an open contact which could be closed with another filling or a crown.

Norwalk Cosmetic Dentist