Is my Tip Still Swollen 1 Year After Closed Rhinoplasty? (photo)

It is exactly 1 year since I got a closed rhinoplasty. I am a 16 year old guy. My nose looks much better now but the tip is making my nose look big and prominent, and it looks all weird and round from the profile. Sorry my webcam is really bad quality and makes me look even worse... I am persian if that helps with skin thickness. My tip feels hard when I touch it. Will my nose look better when the tip swelling goes away? How long will this take?

Swollen Nose At One Year After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Usually the end-results of a rhinoplasty get established at about 12 months post-op but many variables come into play. Having a thick and oily nasal skin reduces the recovery pace to certain degrees not to mention the what was performed surgically during your surgery and how aggressive was the procedure.

At this point, it is of your best interest to be a little more patient and give your body the chance to complete a full recovery before considering alternatives.

Communicating with your surgeon who knows the full details of your procedure is essential.

I hope this helps and the best of luck to you.

Thank you for sharing your photos.

Dr. Sajjadian

Swollen Tip One Year After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello. After one year it is possible that your nose is still slightly swollen, which could explain the hardness. It can take up to two years for full recovery after rhinoplasty. If you feel that your nose is still too large, it may not have been reduced enough initially, which could necessitate a revision of the dorsal. Consult with your surgeon about the best treatment plan for you.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Tip Swelling 1 Year Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is possible that tip swelling will last more than 1 year, especially in a patient with thick skin. Firmness of your tip is consistent with temporary residual swelling which can last 18-24 months.