Why is my Tip Still Droopy After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had closed rhinoplasty. If my tip was lifted, why does it still look the same as before? I'm frustrated... It just seems like the distance between my tip and upper lip is a bit different, but the tip is droopy and shaped droopy-like just like before. Why? was it the technique?

It's certainly possible that you nose simply wasn't shortened in the previous operation

+1

Hi. The photos you sent are sort of tiny, but they do show the relationship between the bottom of your nose and your upper lip, and it appears that the nose is still long. See my "Web reference" link for a morph I made of your nose, showing what it might look like if it were shortened.

Shortening a nose, in expert hands, is one of the more predictable changes to make in a nose, even in a revision, but it requires some complicated work on the tip cartilages. Still, no operation is 100% successful. You have a decision to make about using your same surgeon for a revision. If you feel that you selected him well, and you saw lots of his before and after photos, proving that he has shortened long noses for other patients and does excellent work in general, then take his advice about a revision to try again to shorten your nose.

However, if you did not see lots of before and after photos, and you suspect that he might not have been able to shorten your nose in the first place, then you should not have him revise your nose, because he is unlikely to succeed, and it can get you into more trouble.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Why is my Tip Still Droopy After Rhinoplasty?

+1

You may need other maneuvers to lift it an additional amount, but it does appear slightly better.  However, the photos are a bit difficult to evaluate.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Impossible to say

+1

From those photos, it is impossible to see if your tip is droopy at all. Talk to your surgeon and have it evaluated in person.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD