My Tip is Too Narrow After Rhino: How Much Volume Can Be Added Back? (photo)

Hi, I had a rhinoplasty 1yr ago to refine a bulbous tip: cartilage was removed and sutures were placed with open surgery+septoplasty. Now, I find my tip too narrow and it doesn’t suit my face. Hence, I really want to get my tip roundness back, not necessarily as bulbous as before but close. If my own cartilage will be used to rebuild my tip, how much volume can realistically be added? Could it be close to the volume that I used to have or is it too hard to add that much?

Nasal tip revision

+1

Based solely on the limited views you posted, your post-op photo looks nice and I would not recommend a revision.

Tip revision rhinoplasty

+1

Your nasal tip, from your photographs, looks good.  If you are interested in more volume then it is possible that an additional cartilage graft to the tip may be necessary.  

Tip too narrow after Rhinoplasty

+1

In my opinion, you have had an excellent result from the Rhinoplasty and I would not consider the tip of your nose to be too narrow.  Of course without looking at your whole face one cannot be certain but on the basis of the photos you submitted, I would have to consider it a success.  If you have a second Rhinoplasty just keep in mind that you may not get what you want and a secondary Rhinoplasty can present challenges and risks.  I would recommend that you live with it for another year and if you still feel the tip is too small then a revision could be performed and your own cartilage from your nose or ear could be used as grafts to give you a little more bulk to the tip.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip too narrow after rhinoplasty.

+1

From the photos you sent the tip does not look too narrow. Your original tip width can be restored but you take a chance of making it worse. "Perfection is the enemy of good".

My Tip is Too Narrow After Rhino: How Much Volume Can Be Added Back?

+1

Those two views make it a bit difficult to assess your nose, particularly since the postoperative result is not a poor result.  I would recommend a review of a complete set of standardized preoperative and postoperative views.  You can certainly add volume back to the nose, but a small amount in this case would probably be sufficient.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA