Why Does my Tip Look Like This Post-op? (photo)

I am confused, annoyed and sad. Size of my tip used to be great before. Now it looks like a big unrefined piece of meat which is asymetrical. its been more thn 5 months already, and it never got better. Why is this? when i touch inside of my one side nose i can feel unorganized cartilages gathered together on top. My nose was only elevated and trimmed a tiny bit! Why??? thanks

Why Does my Tip Look Like This Post-op?

+1

I would follow with your surgeon, and I would give the tip a full year for swelling to resolve. 

My tip became more bulbous after rhinoplasty

+1

Your tip was slightly bulbous before surgery as well.  Postoperative photos show that the alae (nostrils) became wider;  this may happen with certain tip manipulations, for example placement of the rim grafts. My advise is to discuss this with your surgeon and to give it more time to fully settle before contemplating a correction.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

+1

Appears you needed a tip rhinoplasty that was not done or incorrectly attempted. Best to wait one more month than have a tip revision. 

Tip rhinoplasty results

+1

The tip of the nose can take at least 6 to 12 months to soften up and refine.  Try to give it more time before you judge the final result.  

Your tip should get better

+1

The tip takes the longest to heal, up to one year.  You can massage your tip area to help soften things.

Paul M. Parker, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip swelling

+1

The swelling in your nasal tip can take up to a year to improve.  You should give it at least one year.  Good luck.