My Tip Has Gradually Fallen a Week After my Revision Rhinoplasty, is It Swelling?

I had a revision rhinoplasty including an ear cartilage graft a week ago. The first day home from surgery I felt swollen, but already liked the dramatic change in my tip, it was small and much more rotated upwards. Now a week later it seems to have started to droop down more gradually day by day. I know this is really early, but are these changes due to more swelling since the first day or has there been decrease in swelling, revealing more what my real nose will look like?

Results too early to tell

+1

Its going to take a few months before the swelling subsides enough to comment on your results. You can often expect the tip to start settling in the first few weeks and that is normal.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip and post-op rhinoplasty

+1

The tip will undergo a lot of changes because of swelling and one week out from surgery is too early to comment.

Evaluating Results 1 Week after Rhinoplasty

+1

The appearance of your nose will continue to change as swelling resolves. It is impossible to judge your result or predict the future 1 week after surgery.

Question about revision rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your questions. It too early to judge the results. You need you communicate your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

+1

Hi,

A week is very early after a revision rhinoplasty with cartilage grafts. I would give it at least 3 to 4 months before making any judgements on the results.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS