How Can my Tip Be Fixed? (photo)

I had a nose fracture at the osteo-cartilagenous junction 3 yrs ago but dsnt bother me I like every little detail in my nose "the hump the irregularities Everything !" but the tip ! I think its too big for my bridge Is there a way to make it less rounded and smaller without increasing projection and upward rotation ? , and is it possible to make the tip on side view aligned with the part above it !? I'd like it more Sharp and petite

Tip rhinoplasty

+2

yes you could make the tip look smaller without changing the rest of the nose - but if you do that i think your nose will look very out of banalance- especially on the side  view.  i think it will make your hump look even bigger.

and yes you could "make it alighend with the part above it" (although i think you are actually talking about more tip projection when you say this.  - i agree with this goal.  your tip is slightly underprojected, slightly - but because of itm the hump looks more prominant than it should and the supratip break looks deeper.

overall you have a complex nose with complex desires - you need an in person evaluation with proper discussion of expectations and rationale.

The nasal tip can be adjusted with a limited "tip" rhinoplasty

+2

You have accurately assessed your nose. Your tip would look nicer if it were more refined. A tip rhinoplasty can accomplish this and better align your nasal cartilages without dramatically changing the overall chape of your nose.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing the Nasal Tip

+2

Your tip can be reduced with the limitations you describe. You do want to achieve good proportions within the different parts of your nose. An experienced surgeon will help you establish reasonable goals before surgery.

Rhinoplasty

+2

Dear Luna,

• Yes, everything you asked for is possible
  • It is all part of the consultation process so that you are happy with your nose afterwards
  • The surgeon can also morph a picture for you to give you a better idea of what the nose will look like

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Tip refinement is a soft triangular shape

+2

It is certainly possible to attain an improved, refined tip while minimizing the changes to the other features of the nose.  The cartilages can be adjusted so they take on a smoother and more triangular shape (rather than round).  Alignment to the bridge on the profile would best be done by refining the tip and lowering the hump so your bridge is straighter.  Please refer to the video attached to learn more about my approach to the tip. 

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip plasty

+1

It is not advisable to perform only a tip plasty on this nose since the tip would look grossly out of proportion to the remainder of the nose. A full rhinoplasty, and not a tip plasty, would result in excellent nasal balance.

How Can my Tip Be Fixed?

+1

You need in person evaluations but my recommendation is a full reconstructive rhinoplasty. Seek these opinions. 

Tip refinement

+1

Tip refinement can be performed, but a thorough exam in person is essential to review things and examine you. Good luck.