Will my Tip Drop and Look More Normal Soon? (photo)

I had a closed rhinoplasty about a week ago and I'm not pleased with the results so far. Tip is too upturned and I look nothing like myself, I look terrible. I was wondering if the tip will drop and if I will look more like myself before? Also will my nostrils stay this huge? I asked the doctor to not raise it this much, but now its terrible! Please give me some opinions as experts... I need honest opinions now. I know its too "early" but you can sense from the photos something, right?!..

Tip drop common after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. Your tip looks excellent for so early after your rhinoplasty. The tip always drops some after rhinoplasty and it is common to splint the tip higher than normal immediately after rhinoplasty.

Will my Tip Drop and Look More Normal Soon?

+1

Do NOT your surgeon pre operatively explain the rhinoplasty healing time frames??? ONLY 1 week you are still very swollen, allow 4 months of healing! 

Evaluating the nose with the splint still in place makes no sense.

+1

There is no way you can make any conclusions about a nose right after surgery with a splint in place. Worry about something else.

+1

After the tape and splint have been removed, the tip and nostrils will change quite a bit.  I do not see anything troubling at this time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA