My Tip is Getting Bigger Not Smaller After Septorhinoplasty? (photo)

i had septorhinoplasty 2 weeks ago, i had my splint removed one week after surgery and the tip looked OK, my surgeon taped my nose for another week and the tape is off today, i had a look at my nose after splint removal and now ,,, the tip looks bigger. my surgeon prescriped to me alpha Chemotrypsin injections for a week to help the swelling. is this normal??? will my tip get smaller any time soon?

Post Septorhinoplasty recovery

+2

Two weeks post surgery it is common to have swelling in the tip especially after the splint is removed. Personally I prefer a more natural process for reducing swelling, sleep elevated, reduce salt intake, avoid excessive heat and exercise, and the swelling will reduce naturally. I perform a lot of ethnic rhinoplasty procedures and you will see increased swelling with thicker skin and it may take a little bit longer to dissipate. With that said you should be looking great in a month and better and better as the months go on. Give yourself time and have some patience the results will be worth the wait. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com