I Had my Third Rhinoplasty 8 Months Ago?

Hi, i had my third rhinoplasty for 8 months ago but tonight when i was about to sleep a friend of mine threw the tv remote control towards me and i didnt seem to see that coming and that hit me in the nose bridge. I had a little bit of swelling on the right side of the upper part of my nose. I have had the tip and collumela fixed and bridge narrowed. Please help me, i am so worried if that swelling will ever go down?

Nasal trauma after revision rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for the question. You should certainly get in touch with your surgeon to let him or her know what's going on. In the meantime, I usually advise patients to ice the nose 4-5 times daily for the first 2-3 days following any nasal trauma. That will minimize swelling and allow the surgeon to fully assess the straightness of the nasal bones. If your nose did shift, the nasal bones can often be pushed back into a straight position with what's called a closed reduction. This is ideally done within the first 2-3 weeks following the injury. 

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hit to nose 8 months after rhinoplasty

+1

While it's impossible to know without examining you, I would think that being hit on the nose with a remote control at 8 months after your rhinoplasty would not do any permanent damage to your nose.  The swelling you have should resolve completely but if you see any changes after the swelling goes down, I would see your rhinoplasty surgeon for an evaluation.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon