I Had my Third Laser Hair Removal Treatment Two Days Ago and Have Terrible Red Marks All over my Face. What Can I Do? (photo)

I'm mortified. My face looks diseased. Is this common? What can I do to make it go away?

Laser Hair Removal - Red Marks After Treatment

+2

Hi ST.  The bad news is that you have to deal with this unexpected side effect.  The good news is that the marks do not look that troubling.  It looks like you will heal well if you stay out of the sun and moisturize the area.  Call the office and talk to them about your situation and get their suggestions for how to address it.  

I Had my Third Laser Hair Removal Treatment Two Days Ago and Have Terrible Red Marks All over my Face. What Can I Do?

+1

I am sorry to hear about your experience. These red marks will heal in a few weeks but I suggest you contact your physician to further assist with this issue, in the meantime apply spf daily to prevent any darkening of the skin. 

Best wishes 

Laser Hair Removal: Q&AAsk a Question

+1

The laser may have been on too high of a setting for your skin to tolerate it. These red marks will go away in a few weeks, apply spf to help prevent any pigmentation.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

You will be fine

+1

Please make sure to stay out of sun and you should do fine. If there is blisters, make sure to see your doctor. You will be fine.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon