I am on my third day after my facelift. Can I dab antiseptic salve on my stitches?

Day 3 after facelift

+1

After a facelift, the following are recommended:

1) Hydrogen peroxide to clean around any incisions
2) Antibiotic ointment

I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as he or she may have specific guidelines for you to follow. Thank you and good luck with your recovery.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I put antiseptic salve on my stitches?

+1
Your surgeon should have a specific post-operative regimen for you to follow regarding care of your incisions, dressings etc. I routinely have my patients put triple antibiotic ointment on the incision lines for 5-7 days. Ask you surgeon what he or she recommends for care of your wounds.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Antibiotic cream on facelift incisions is of no benefit.

+1
This is a question best addressed to your own surgeon. However there is no evidence that antibiotic ointment on uncomplicated surgical incisions has any benefit.

+1
These types of post-op care questions are best directed at your treating plastic surgeon as most doctors have specific routines they prefer their patients to follow. Don't be afraid to ask your PS questions!

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Your'e now 6 days post op facelift

+1

and I hope you have heeded the advice to ask your surgeon all of these questions about wound care and activities as us doctors all have different routines and for some reason, we all think our way is the best way. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Face lift care

+1

Three days after a face lift, it is best to ask your surgeon. I let my patients shower on day 3 and put Aquaphor over the sutures if they feel dry or itch. Your surgeon may have a different approach. He/she did the surgery - and guides your recovery. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

3 Days Post Op

+1
You stated that you are 3 days post op.  Your surgeon should have explained post operative care to you.  He should have given you the instructions for applying ointment to the sutures.  Contact his office as soon as possible to review the post operative instructions.  This is very important.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD