My Temporary Crowns Don't Match My Teeth Color. Is That Right?

My temporaries crowns don't match the color of the teeth.

+1

Temporaries are only temporaries and they sometimes do not match since our colors for temporaries are somewhat limited.  The laboratory will match the custom shade that best matches the color of your teeth.  Your goal is to have the final crowns match.  Don't settle for less.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Temporaries do not match real teeth color

+1

Temporaries, are just that; Temporaries and we do not have a series of custom color material to match their color with real teeth.   Only be concerned with  the permanent  to match your teeth. Before your dentist bonds or cements your permanent crown in , ask to see it in a mirror to be sure.

Soheyla Marzvaan, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

Temporary crowns not matching teeth!?

+1

Talk to your personal dentist. It is usually not a problem as long as the color is close.  The temporary crown material only comes in certain shades.  Make sure that you check the permanent crowns in your mouth before they are permanetly placed. If the temporary crowns are not close in shade, then I would definitely ask about the permanent shade color.

Keith Blankenship, DDS
Jacksonville Cosmetic Dentist

Temporaries rarely match perfectly

+1

Manufacturers don't make as many variations of colors for temporaries, so a perfect match is rare.  "Close enough" is the goal.  The final very likely will be a perfect match.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist