My Teeths Are Very Small What Are the Options to Have a Good Smile? (photo)

size of my upper teeth s are very small. It doesn't look good when i smile. Please tell me is it possible to have large teeth s for a good smile. I have uploaded pic of my teeths

Small teeth

+2

It looks like you have a smile with a lot of excess gum tissue covering your teeth.  I would consult with a cosmetic dentist or periodontist (specialist) that can develop a plan including exposing more of your teeth so they appear the proper length, however you also have some spaces and possibly small teeth to start with so orthodontic treatment or porcelain veneers may be an option as part of your overall plan.

Ontario Cosmetic Dentist

My Teeth Are Very Small What Are the Options to Have a Good Smile? (photo)

+2

A great smile is one where everything s balanced. It just flows from one corner of your mouth to the other side. It radiates!

When your teeth are too small, many people smile in a "small" manner. My sense from your photo is that you don't like to show your full smile. You will be surprised at how much wider you smile when you really like your top teeth.

To change the size of your smile you have these options:

• Bonding can make them a little longer 
  • Porcelain veneers can make them wider and longer, and make the color as light as you prefer.
  • Sometimes No Prep style veneers can be added right to the front of your teeth.

The best answer will come from you visiting a very skilled cosmetic dentist. These are tricky cases. To make it look really good requires great planning and great communication. Often in cases like your I'll use computer smile imaging as a way for us to both look at the same proposed change to see what can be done and what limits there may be.

Yes you have some great options. I encourage you to hunt for a great cosmetic dentist and get in right away to talk about it!

Scott Greenhalgh, DDS
Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Small Teeth

+1

You can enhance your smile by doing crown lengthening and veneers. The crown lengthening will lengthen your teeth upwards and make them look longer. The veneers can add length to your teeth downwards if your bite allows. The veneers can also close all the space you have. The other option to close the spaces would be braces or Invisalign, but I would still recommend the crown lengthening.

Sylvan Fain, DDS
Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Gummy smile, short teeth

+1

It depends if you want the best or just a little improvement. You need to decide .

Ultimate option:

1. Bone contouring also done with laser ( hard tissue laser)   
  2. gum contouring via laser ( soft tissue laser)
  3. Veneers upper 8-10 teeth or upper arch to get maximum teeth length

second option:

1. Laser the gums to get about 1,mm gum height
  2. Then veneer 6-8 teeth

for the first option, a periodontist  and a cosmetic dentist will be your team. Or a cosmetic dentist who is trained in Laser and full mouth reconstruction .dentist is necessary

For the second option a cosmetic dentist who uses laser is needed

Soheyla Marzvaan, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

"Small" teeth caused by "gummy" smile

+1

Size of the teeth is determined by their length and width.  From your photo, it's obvious that your teeth appear very short due to too much gum tissue covering the tops of them.  That can be corrected with laser "gum lift" procedure which gives you immediate results.  It also looks like you may have some gaps between your teeth which may require closing and that would improve the proportions as well.  Find an experienced cosmetic dentist in your area to explain the above in more detail. 

Michael Firouzian, DDS
Columbus Cosmetic Dentist

Gum contouring can make teeth look bigger

+1

Hard to say from your photo what exactly would be best, but some options could include contouring the gums (maybe even with a laser), contouring the bone that supports the teeth, porcelain veneers, or a combination of all. See a periodontist or a skilled and experienced cosmetic dentist to see what they say after a clinical examination.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist