Are my Teeth Suitable for Invisalign? Really Bad Crowding? (photo)

I live in a pretty small town and we have two dentists, one private and one in the public hospital. The private dentist told me that I might want to consider doing Invisalign, or just do "trays" and that I did not need to pull out two teeth. However the public hospital dentist told me that I needed to pull out four (two top, two bottom) and that my only option was regular braces. Can I please have another opinion? I'd be really grateful for any help!

VERY CROWED

+1

You really need to get to an orthodontist and get an exam. Then you will be able to know exactly wehther you will need braces with teeth out or invisaline

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Invisalign, braces, extractions, oh my

+1

Lots of decisions to make.  It is really hard to tell without consulting with you in the office but based on the photos your crowding may be too much for a predictable result with invisalign.  I said predictable so please understand it depends what you goals and expectations are. 

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Really Bad Crowding Probably Better Treated With Standard Ortho

+1

While a diagnosis CANNOT be made simply by looking at photos, it appears that your cuspid would have to be bodily moved too far for Invisalign to be able to handle. I would alkso recommend looking for an orthodontist that will NOT extract any bicuspids. Your future airway will suffer if you allow the extractions.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign or braces

+1

It is really not possible to give you good specific advice on your case from these photographs, however, it seems likely that the blocked tooth is displaced so far inward that invisalign probably can not really reposition it as well as braces could.   Once it is moved out into the arch form the facial profile may be overly full and the root of that tooth may need "reverse torque" to keep the crown from looking too flared.   You really need to see a qualified orthodontic specialist to get a complete exam and a properly designed treatment plan.  If the orthodontist thinks that there is more  than one possible option look carefully  at those also. If the orthodontist feels that some extractions of permanent teeth could be helpful have him have him explain to you in detail exactly what that decision is based on and how it will affect your facial appearance and profile.

Phoenix Orthodontist

Do I need extractions?

+1

It is impossible to make a good diagnosis just on these pictures.  That said....it is almost always possible to treat without extractions...the goal however should be to get the best most stable result and this sometimes does require teeth out.

This is a major decision as it will effect your teeth and smile the rest of your life.  Even if it is difficult I would make sure to see an orthodontist, get a full set of diagnostic records, and THEN make my decision

Saint Louis Orthodontist