Can my Teeth Still Shift/grow with Retainers?

I have had my retainers for 3-4 years now (wearing them always at night). Although they fit, I noticed that there's a small space between a few of my teeth and the retainer (specifically the canine and the teeth directly under it). I have talked to my ortho about it however it is not the same one who has treated me through my braces process and he claims there's nothing wrong. However I feel like my teeth grown throughout the years and may be the reason why my retainer doesnt fit like it oncehas

Teeth CAN move

+1

Retainers aren't bulletproof and can warp.  Night time use is not as effective as 24/7, so expect SOME shift, but VERY little.  If "perfect" is a goal, get used to disappointment.

Web reference: http://www.DrTimmerman.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist