Why Are my Teeth Still Moving So Much After Braces?

I had braces for 3 years from age 11-14. I am now 17. I wore my retainer everyday and every night for year as my orthodontist daid to. I wear it every night now and since they told me to wear it only nightly which was 2 years ago. My teeth still move a great deal. I can push on them slightly and they wiggle around like loose baby teeth even though they are adult teeth. It also hurts every night when I put in my retainer like my teeth. Are being shoved back into place.

Teeth stabilization after braces.

+2

It typically takes just a few months for the teeth to stabilize after moving them around with braces. Too have the kind of mobility that you are describing is quite unusual. My recommendation is to visit your orthodontist again to check your bite and for radiographs to check the bone support and the roots of the teeth.

Sounds like you are doing a great job wearing your retainers!

San Ramon Orthodontist