Would my Teeth Grow in Weird if I Got a Canine Pulled? (photo)

I had a baby tooth (canine) that didn't come out and the adult canine grew behind it and now it doesn't have room to come in. I don't have money for braces. Could just getting it removed mess up my teeth?

Pulling a permanent canine tooth NOT a good idea

+1

You definitely should not have it pulled.  Pulling it will not only leave a very large and unattractive gap, but it will cause unwanted shifting of the rest of your teeth.  If your bite allows it, a temporary solution may be to bond the canine giving it the appearance that it's straight, but ultimately you should have it fixed the right way with braces or possibly invisalign.

Columbus Cosmetic Dentist

Would my teeth grow in weird?

+1

I would strongly recommend not removing the permanent tooth. Your dental midline will shift toward the extraction site making your smile look off. Either do correctly or don't do anything. Remember the tooth is not growing its just erupting out of position due to lack of room and can be corrected with orthodontics 2250.00-6600.00 12-24 months good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD    CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist