Should I Get my Teeth Bleached Before I Get Invisalign?

I am getting my new set of invisalign in about 3-4 weeks and so right now I don't have the buttons on my teeth. I just found a great deal for teeth whitening and I really want to get it but would it be a bad idea to get teeth whitening right before putting the buttons back on? Would this leave white dots on my teeth after I am done with invisalign?

Whitening during invisalign

+1

Whitening during invisalign can be done inside your trays.  If you are button free for a time period you can whiten with another product and not worry that it is going to be a problem.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Whitening and Invisalign

+1

The best time frame to whiten the teeth will be after the Invisalign treatment is completed. Wearing Invisalign trays after whitening the teeth can leave uneven results and white dots as well. 

Olga Kharevich, DMD, PhD (in memoriam)
Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign trays can be used as bleaching trays

+1

No need to whiten , just get bleaching gel from your dentist and use the same trays  for bleaching. after the bottoms are gone, you touch up the bleaching some more.  

Soheyla Marzvaan, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

Should I Bleach My Teeth Before Invisalign?

+1

Bleaching your teeth before Invisalign treatment is not necessary. Ask your dentist/orthodontis about bleaching with Invisalign. I offer all of my Invisalign patients FREE bleaching. The buttons on your teeth with Invisalign will NOT affect the bleach and no spots will be left on your teeth. Invisalign aligners can be used as bleaching trays and work very nicely. Since you have to wear the Invisalign aligners virtually 24/7 you may as well use them to whiten your teeth while you're at it.

Good luck!

Brad Lockhart, DDS
Tustin Cosmetic Dentist