Will my Swelling from Front View Ever Go Down and Not Look So Flat and Shapeless? (photo)

Hello! I got my rhinoplasty/septoplasty procedure done May1st (week a ago) and the swelling has been going down significantly. However I can't recognize myself from the front view. My nose looks so big and flat and my tip looks big too even though I did not have my tip corrected. Will this go down? I really miss my old front view :( Also, I got my dorsal hump reduced, but now the top nasal bone (near my eyes) looks so big from the side view Im stuck with a nose with no curve. Please help! thank you

Still swollen at this point

+2

Hello. At one week you are far from your final result. It is common for patients to be worried about the outcome of rhinoplasty surgery early on but many of these concerns can be attributed to swelling. Over the next year you will see many improvements in the appearance of your nose.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Will my Swelling from Front View Ever Go Down and Not Look So Flat and Shapeless?

+2

Swelling following rhinoplasty can persist for up to 1 year or longer.  In the first few days or weeks, the swelling is near maximal.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty swelling normal !

+2

Nasal swelling after rhinoplasty is normal. The nasal tip stays swollen then longest (up to a year). You will notice a significant decrease in the edema by 3 months. Hang in there! Congrats on your rhinoplasty.

David Shifrin, MD

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+2

Thank you for your question.  Because your surgery was very recent, a fair amount of swelling is normal and should be expected.  With performance of rhinoplasty, there will be swelling over all aspects of the nose, even including areas which did not receive manipulation.  The soft tissue swelling you describe is normal and will resolve over several weeks.  Be patient, breathe, and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon for reassurance.  Good luck.

Stephen D. Duffy, MD
Myrtle Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1

Gezzz Only 1 week. Did not your surgeon explain the phases of swelling/healing after surgery??? You need to be more patient! 

Rhinoplasty and swelling

+1

Your nose is maximally swollen and wil stay this way for several weeks. It will take up to a year for all the swelling to go down.  Be patient.