Concerned About Implant Sizing For Upcoming Surgery

I went to see my PS and he said since im tall that i basically can do 450 cc but i felt that was huge against my thin tall body. I did although like the 400cc implant. I am currently 5'9" 145 pounds. If i do the 450 cc will the look like 400 because i am doing under the muscle silicone implants..

Implants

+1
you need to think of implants as shoes, you can pick the store (the surgeon) and the style (type of implant) but the size is based on your footprint or breastprint, there are few implants that match your anatomy

Implant choice

+1

The best implants for you is often determined during consultation. I spent a lot of time with patients reviewing what I think would be best for them and of course their input is extremely important as well.

Look at before/after photos

+1

The best thing to do is to have your PS show you someone in his/her before/after photo book who looks like you with the 450cc implants.  If you are a cup A the 450cc will make you a full C.  If you like the before/after gallery results then your in the right place.  Another thing to do is ask the office if you can speak to someone who got 450cc implants who looks like you.

Andre Aboolian, MD

+1

Over the internet very hard to advise even with the pretty woman photo posted. Best to think the most common compliant of "I wish I would have gone bigger!". 

Implant size

+1

The implant size is an  important consideration prior to surgery. You should also know that there a several implant shapes that do provide different results.  A 400 cc high profile implant will produce a different result than a 400cc moderate profile implant. This is not a question you should resolve by yourself online. This is a good  and important issue to discuss with your surgeon in detail, computer imaging  I find is helpful.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Breast implants size is patient's personal choice

+1

Internet is a wrong place to choose your implant size.  Such questions can not be answered in meaningful way without a two way communication between patient and the doctor.  You should have another discussion with your plastic surgeon, face to face.  In the end size of implant should be your decision.  It should be solely based on your desired body image and comfort level since you get to carry it for the rest of your life.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Implant Sizing.

+1

Without seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However if you are unsure of the sizing, then I strongly suggest returning for a followup consultation before having surgery.  This is your body and you need to make sure that you are completely comfortable with the surgery before going through with it.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Your photo will help determine implant size

+1

The implant size is just a number, and one you will soon forget. The look of the breast should be yours forever and you need to communicate to your surgeon the look that is right for you. You cannot put the implant into a bra and 'see the number', but you can get ideas about fill and projection. Your surgeon should have the skill to choose the correct number for you.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

What size of implant...

+1

The best way you can convey your desires can be using photos of the shape and size you would like.  Unfortunately, surgery is a science AND an art, and you should be as clear as possible with your surgeon so he/she can understand your specific goal.  Though a cup size cannot be guaranteed,  a certain "look" should be the goal.  If you were able to try on some implants at the office, I usually recommend the implant one size up (not cup size) because of the compression of your native breast gland due to the implant pressing against it from underneath.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size?

+1

It will be in your best interest to communicate very clearly with your plastic surgeon about your goals;  every plastic surgeon has a different “technique” to help with this communication process.

In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.   Show your plastic surgeon pictures of what you would like to look similar to as well as breasts that you do not like.  

I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.