I Have my Surgery Schedule for Thursday and I Am Wondering if 550cc Saline High Profile is Too Big?

I went to my consultation with dr. Jacob Frieman from Miami fl. and he was very nice and seemed like he knew his stuff. I told him that I wanted big Breast however nothing that would look ridiculous. I have a previous pregnancy so my breast are not as perky as before. He recommended that I get 550cc high profile. Which I agreed because he seem very confident that it would give me the look I wanted. Now I'm wondering is that too big? I am 5'2 and 120lbs.. I just don't want to look ridiculous

Sizing your augmentation

+3

Thank you for joining the forum and asking the experts below. I agree with most of what was said. On average, I perform around 700 to 900 breast surgeries per year and as a plastic surgeon it is vital that I continue the learning process. The input from the surgeons below is invaluable.

With regard to the size of the implants, my technique for sizing depends on 2 things. 1. The discussion which includes what the patient hopes for and wants which is not always possible and 2. sizing. I always suggest the patient ignores the number on the implants (the cc's) and concentrates more on the "look" that they are interested in. I completely disagree with anyone who says 550 is too big for someone who is 5'2" without seeing the patient, having the discussion, and measuring. If the patient's base width is 13.2 to 13.6 cm and the patient wants a "big/busty" look and shows me a photos of someone with large amount of cleavage and superior fullness, a 500 to 600 cc HP implant is precicely the correct. If you are interested in a more natural look, we can lower the size by placing a moderate profile implant of 420 cc. It would be my pleasure to discuss the sizing with you more if you would like to come to the office.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Sizing Before Your Surgery

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

What is the cup size that you are going for?

+1

For your height 550ml implants would give you a solid 2+ cup size increase which means that if you are a B cup you will be in the full D cup range.  The smaller you stature that bigger the implants will look.  Below is a link to one of my patients that I performed a revision surgery on and she currently has 550ml extra high profile implants.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Are 550cc saline high profile implants too big?

+1

550cc implants are very large, particularly in someone 5'2".  Saline implants do not generally look as natural as silicone gel implants and they are usually more projecting.  High profile implants are even more projecting.  In my opinion high profile saline implants of that size are about the most unnatural-appearing implants you could chose, so unless you are looking for a very bulgy, very unnatural result, I would reconsider and perhaps get a second opinion.  And that does not even mention the long term risk of irreversible skin and tissue stretching that can result from large implants and especially saline implants.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Implant chioce 550 cc HP?

+1

The best way to select the appropriate implant for you is during an exam and a review of your goals.  Without that basic information it is difficult to offer suggestions.  Good luck.

550cc Too Large?

+1

It's always difficult to answer the size question without photos. Even with photos it's one of the biggest obstacles we as surgeons have with this procedure. You are quite petite and that is a very large implant. Additionally, saline are heavier than silicone gel implants. If you continue with that size I think you should consider switching to gel implants. Lastly, high profile implants tend to have much more of a "fake" appearance. The most important thing though is that you're comfortable. If you like them that is what's most important. I do 3D imaging and let my patients try on sizers in my practice. If you haven't tried on 550 cc implants you may ask your surgeon to try them on.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

550 cc too large?

+1

Without a photo, some measurements, and an idea of current cup size, and the peak size you were during pregnancy, it would be hard to venture a guess that will be any use to you.

Given your height and weight, it sounds like a large implant. I would suggest that with an implant that large that you weight the pros and cons of silicone gel.

550 cc breast implants are too large for most women.

+1

Hi.

We never use implants bigger than 500 cc's, and that rarely.  Particularly for someone who is 5'2" tall and weighs 120 pounds.  I am afraid you will not look natural.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)