My Surgery is a Month Away I'm Still Indecisive on Implant Size. I Can't Decide Between 300cc and 325cc W/silicone Implants?

I'm 23 yrs old. 5'2 125lbs. My current bra size is a large A to a small B.

300 vs 325

+1

There is really not much difference between a 300 and 325 cc implant.  It is basically just a few millimeters of a difference in projection and width.  Please talk to your PS about his/her recommendations

I Can't Decide Between 300cc and 325cc W/silicone Implants

+1

Probably if your surgeon put a 300 in one side, a 325 in the other, neither of you could tell a difference. If you can't decide, ask your surgeons advice. There really is not a wrong answer here. All the best. 

Breast Augmentation Sizing

+1

Many women agonize over the size of their implants, you are not alone. The difference between the two you are considering is minimal so based on the fact that more women wish they had gone larger than smaller you might opt for the 325cc. For my patients I use the "rice test" this helps give them a visualization of how they will look. These are the instructions: Uncooked rice is placed in a nylon stocking and tied into a knot. A woman can test out the sizes and weights of the various sizes of implants by placing them in her bra with her own breasts.

A cup of dry rice represents 250 cc of volume. One may add to this volume in small increments to the desired size. One might try 1 cup, 1¼ cups, 1½ cups, 1¾ cups, et cetera, until the desired breast volume is achieved. Patients who have used this method have a high satisfaction rate with the implant size they ultimately chose. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

300 vs 325 cc implants

+1

A 25 cc difference is not a lot.  If you have decided between these two implants with your doctor, then go with what he tells you.  Good luck.

+1

As a number of my colleagues have pointed out 25cc is less than two tablespoons.

Do not make yourself crazy over such a small amount.

I almost always tell my patients that if they are having difficulty choosing between two sizes, simply to take the larger. After surgery nearly everyone is happy with every cc they got.

All the best.

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size to use

+1

Which size to use is a common question on this website.  The problem is that there is no standard way to determine which size to use.  It is not like putting bumpers on Chevrolets.  It is an individual thing.  Also, bra manufacturers don't have standard cup sizes which also muddles things up.  Still, to answer your question, the difference between 300 and 325 cc's is only 25 cc's which is basically five teaspoons - not a lot of difference.  When I do my breast augmentation surgeries, I use a disposable sizer implant (which I use once and throw away) which I can inflate during the surgery.  This not only helps me make the breast pocket but also allows me to see what different sizes will actually look like in place (since I can adjust the volume) before making the final decision on which implant to put in.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

This is a common question on RealSelf.  I would try on both implants sizes again. Place the 300cc on one side and the 325cc on the other and stand in front of the mirror.  This will help you make the final decision.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Size Difference in Breast Implants

+1

I usually err on not over augmentation of breasts. However, if you are down to choosing between two implants only 25 cc difference, I normally advise to choose the larger of the two. This is especially true if the implants are to be placed under the muscle, as the muscle can make the implant look about that much smaller once implanted.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Selection Dilemma.

+1

This is a common dilemma.  I would say that if both implants fall into the appropriate range for your frame, as per the base diameter, go with the larger of the two.  The difference is only 25cc, less than two table spoons. You'll feel greater satisfaction knowing you are fully augmented and less likely to feel buyers remorse for selecting too small an implant. Finally, if your surgeon is OK with it, go larger.

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Picking the right breast implant size to meet expectations

+1

Nothing gives a woman more anxiety that selecting breast implant sizes.  Your choices are very similar and you will see very little physical difference between the two implants.  A change of 25 cc is about two tablespoonfuls difference.  If you want to be about a mid C cup size then I believe you are in the right ball park.