Is my Surgeon Responsible for Revision if Ever He Ruined my Nose?

I had a rhinoplasty 5mons ago and i was not happy at all, my nose is worst than my old nose. Is my surgeon going to be responsible for revision. Am i going to get a gefund or anything?! Please help

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
Most surgeons have a revision surgery policy in place that is initialed during your original preoperative meeting. The goal of most surgeons is to make their patients happy what ever this may take. A good conversation with your surgeon and discussion of your revision needs and proposed surgery should be discussed. If you feel comfortable at this time with your diagnosis and proposed surgery then you may want to go ahead with your revision. On the other hand if he "ruined" your nose as you state then I am not sure you would want to return. Perhaps a good second opinion with another surgeon would be advisable to determine if they are on the same page. Best regards!

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

i think the answer to your question is contained in the question itself

if you feel the prior surgeon ruined your nose and you used the word "ruined" to describe what was done why would you ever go back to that surgeon

with that said - i am in no way endorsing your statements.  i am not sure that your nose is ruined or that if it is ruined it was the fault of the surgeon. you might have a perfectly resonable result with a minor issue that can be easily revised (or perhaps no issue at all) 

my only point is that if you have such strong negative feelings about your first rhinoplasty and the surgeon who did it, i dont see how you could ever be happy with at repeat

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Is my Surgeon Responsible for Revision

+1

All Plastic Surgeons have a policy regarding revision surgery and what the responsibilities of the patient and the doctor are should that need arise. Most of us have that in writing and have the patient read and initial the policy indicating their understanding and agreement. And most surgeons are happy to do necessary revisions at reduced fees. Hopefully you did your homework on that before undergooing a surgical procedure. A refund would be highly unlikely.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD