Is my Surgeon Messing Up my Tummy Tuck? (photo)

2 weeks ago I got a TT & last week my drain tubes were infected & I had a high fever so he took them out &put me on an antibiotics. 2 days latr I started noticin that ubove my cut line under my belly btn was getn red, is now from hip to hip under my belly b. He then put me on ciprofloxacin, still red & now huge stretch mrks r on my stomach & where he removed my drain there is alot of PUS comin out &everything (even vag) is so swollen! Im in so much pain but he says everyth is fine What do I do!?

Is my Surgeon Messing Up my Tummy Tuck?

+1

You have posted before! And the saw response is get immediate medical attention. You have a very serious issue!!!

Cellulitis vs. Abscess after Tummy Tuck

+1

You do have cellulite at the minimum and possible a subcutaneous abscess at the worse. Oral antibiotics alone do not appear to be making enough improvement. Call your surgeon immediately and be seen for evaluation. if you can not get in promptly then go to the local emergency room to be seen.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Is my Surgeon Messing Up my Tummy Tuck?

+1

A patient with your history, description, and photo needs to be evaluated by the surgeon. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Post tummy tuck infection

+1

Hi and thank you for your information and photograph. I am very sorry you are having such problems. Your photograph shows what appears likely to be a potentially serious infection that needs urgent treatment. Please today attend either your PS / your Family Doctor or an Emergency Department.

Sultan Hassan, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

When you're worried after surgery

+1

you must let your doctor know just how worried you are.  If he isn't addressing your concerns, then I would suggest documenting your visits because I feel all doctors should take care of their patients needs, no matter how trivial one may think it is.  Since you are in the acute post-op recovery stage, you have to stay with your surgeon and your surgeon has an obligation to get you through this.  But your surgeon also needs to address your concerns and if you're having pus draining out as you say, then everything isn't okay.  If you have just scant drainage on your dressings, well, then you could be okay.  

Curtis Wong, MD

Go to the ER if your surgeon will no see you!

+1

You clearly have a serious infection after your tummy tuck.  This is an unusual occurrence, but does need to be treated more aggressively.  You should either show up in the surgeons office and demand to be seen, or go to the emergency room.  I would suspect that you need to have the pus drained.   I am sorry you are having this trouble...

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Is my Surgeon Messing Up my Tummy Tuck?

+1

You need to be seen today. If your surgeon can't be reached, either see your primary MD, or go to be seen in an emergency room. Best wishes.