My Surgeon Gave Me the Wrong Size Implant in my Right, Will He Correct for Free? (photo)

I was an AA cup in my left and an A cup in right. Left was smaller. I asked my surgeon for 285g silicone gel implants in left and 255g in right to make me symmetrical. I wanted small C cups. He said I have to have 285g in both breasts. I am 5 weeks post op. My right breast is now a small D and my left a small C cup. My right is also fuller on the top and bottom, projects half an inch more and is wider. Will my surgeon correct this free of charge and give me the 255g like I wanted?

Wrong sizes of breast implant - will the surgeon correct it for free?

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos as well as your concern.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to tell you what your surgeon's policies are.

So, it is very important to keep open lines of communication with your surgeon hence discussing your options with him/her. I am sure that surgeons would do their best to keep their patients satisfied in a win-win situation.

Meanwhile, it would be beneficial to be a little more patient and give yourself time to recover fully with possible positive changes as an end result.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

You will have to discuss this with you plastic surgeon

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Each plastic surgeon and office has different policies of addressing these type of issues. If you are early in your recovery I would give it some more time for healing to complete as additional changes can occur.  

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

My Surgeon Gave Me the Wrong Size Implant in my Right, Will He Correct for Free?

+1

Very hard to answer what the policy of the surgeon office is since we are not in contact with him/her. Best is to discuss than decide. 

Wrong Size Implant??

+1

You will have to ask your surgeon. Each surgeon's office will have its own policy on revision surgery. And each individual patient's issues will be considered.
It is no easy on the side views you attached as preops how much size difference there might have been. I wouldn't hazard a guess as to exactly how different the sizes will turn out to be after the implants have settled, but from the current appearance the difference may turn out to be more than just 30 cc.

Thanks for your  question, best wishes. Stay in touch with your surgeon. 

Breast asymmetry after augmentation - will my surgeon correct this

+1

It is very difficult to comment on the practice of colleagues in this sort of situation, but I would imagine that most surgeons would be willing to correct your problem with no surgical fee. However, it is too early to make any final decision about this, as you are still within the early post-operative phase. 

I would suggest openly discussing your concerns with your plastic surgeon and making a plan - perhaps a review 3-months post-op for a definite decision to be made as to whether revision surgery is needed.

Good luck!

Marc Pacifico, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size

+1

The final size of your breasts is too soon to determine.Swelling can alter the appearance of size for 4-6 months. In my practice, I sit all patients up in the operating room to best ensure the size match looks as good as possible. If however after an appropriate amount of time, the size is not well matched, it can be easily corrected. Policies vary from office to office for revision surgery charges, though.

Michael Horn, MD

Revision

+1

every office has their own policy for revisionary work. You are too early post operatively to come to any conclusions about the need for further surgery.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS