How Would You Go About Doing my Surdery? (photo)

What would be the best way to put implants in. Would I need a lift if I go under the muscle? Am I tuberous? Is it possible to get a natural look with my breast? Also I breast fed for a year. I am 26 135 lbs and 5 6. Thank you

Tubular (tuberous) breasts

+3

Hi there,

You do have tuberous breast deformity. Correction will be ideally performed with a combination of reshaping the skin envelope and correction of the central herniation of the nipple with a periareolar incision, and expansion of the lower pole.  Implants would probably allow a fuller lower pole if you desired larger breasts as well.  If you were averse to implants, correction of the breast envelope shape and fat cell grafting is an options as well.

It is correctable, I'm glad to say.  All the very best.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

+2

Yes you do have tuberous breasts. I would recommend a periareolar incision with submuscular implants and a Bennelli/ periareolar lift

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Tuberous breasts

+2

Yes, you have tuberous breasts.  My suggestion for you, based on your pictures, would be a peri-areolar (aka, donut or Benelli) breast lift procedure with the addition of implants placed under the chest muscle.  This would result in a perkier look to your breasts, smaller areolae, and more volume to your breasts from the implants.  The trade-off would be a scar around the areola on each side.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breast Lift and Augmentation

+2

My recommendation would be a submuscular silicone implant with a mastopexy (breast lift) at the same time.  This will allow for added volume and improved shape for your breast.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Breast augmentation choices

+2

As plastic surgeons we are experienced in dealing with multiple breast shapes.  Your individual anatomy is all that matters.  You have a widened areola with a tight high inframammary crease.  You also have less than 4 cm of breast tissue in the four quadrants of your breast.  There are many options that you can consider.  If you would like a large full breast then placement of an implant above the muscle may be a choice however you can expect your areolar diameter to get larger.  You may consider a submuscular placement of an implant along with a circumareolar or doughnut type breast lift.  This type of breast lift works best when the only redundant skin to be removed is areolar skin as it appears in your particular situation.  

Not A Straight Forward Breast Augmentation

+2

Thank you for your pictures.  The first thing I would do would be to examine you and obtain your breast measurement.  Your breast enhancement is not straight forward.  I would not say that you have tuberous breast deformity (constriction of the breasts with herniation/protrusion of the breast tissue into the nipple areola area).  I would suggest a dual plane augmentation with silicone gel implants.  Will probably need a lift but I would base my decision on your measurements, my physical and visual exam and previous experience.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

TUBEROUS BREASTS

+2

You definitely have some characteristics of a Tuberous breast.  To correct your problem you will need a circumareolar mastopexy with areolar reduction, breast augmentation and release of any soft tissue constriction.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

This is how I would do it

+2

You have features consistent with constricted and tuberous breasts. Short distance from your nipple to your inframammary fold. You also have a wide cleavage gap and a narrow breast diameter.

I would approach your breasts with autologous fat transplantation. I would liposuction fat from areas  in your body where you do not want It. II would then Transplant this fat into your breast subcutaneous tissue to fill out the mounds. I would also lift your breast by performing a Areolar reduction. This would lift your breasts without creating a scar on The Breast itself.

Best regards, Dr. Delvecchio

Daniel Del Vecchio, MD

Best Breast Surgery for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes, I think that your breasts do demonstrate some of the characteristics seen with constricted (tuberous) breasts.  You may find the attached link discussing constricted/tuberous breasts helpful to you.

I think you will most likely be best off with an operation involving breast augmentation as  well as breast lifting. In my hands, I would prefer the use of the sub muscular ( dual plane)  breast implant position along with a circumareolar ( around the areola) breast lift.

I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work and communicate your goals clearly.

As you do your research, do not be surprised if you received many different opinions as to the best way to proceed;  differing opinions are quite common in the field of plastic surgery.

Constricted or tubular breast can be fixed with a breast augmentation.

+2

Breasts with a narrow base (constricted) are and anatomical variation that can be corrected with a breast augmentation, placed above the muscle after the surgeon has released connective tissue to expand the base of the breast.