Will my Stretch Marks Still Be over my Belly Button After Tummy Tuck?

Hi im 21 years old and i have a four year old son i have stretch marks maby an inch over my belly button i and the go from that hight all the way around to my hips i was just wounderin if they will go lower then my belly button or will they still be above? Thanks

Tummy Tuck and Stretch Marks

+1

Thank you for your question. The stretch marks you see above your belly button will now be very low on your abdomen. The belly button will be relocated higher on the abdomen, and almost all of the stretch marks will be eliminated. Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for this procedure. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

A Tummy Tuck Can Address Your Stretch Marks

+1

Thanks for your question. A tummy tuck removes skin, and if that skin has stretch marks, they are eliminated, too. Those that are left behind are usually pulled lower on the abdomen. The ones around your hips may not change. It's difficult to say what your results would be like without seeing photos. Generally, though, a traditional tummy tuck does affect the areas both above and below the navel. Be sure to talk to your surgeon about your interest in reducing the appearance of your stretch marks. He or she should be able to customize a surgical plan that addresses those concerns. Good luck!

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

+1

The stretchmarks that are not removed will be made lower relative to the belly button. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

A tummy tuck should remove most stretch marks

+1

Each patient is different. However, it sounds like you would benefit from a tummy tuck, Your board certified plastic surgeon should be able to remove all or most stretch marks from your abdomen. 

Steven M. Katz, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is difficult to give you a accurate answer without photos and a physical examination. Please, see a board certified plastic surgeon to explore your options.

B. Kalantarian, MD

+1

It is hard to give much of a specific answer without seeing some photos, and even then, without a physical exam this would only be an educated guess. 

On "average" a plastic surgeon hopes to remove all the skin from navel down to the incision in the midline. The upper incision curves downward, so less is removed at the sides than in the center. All depends on how lax is the skin above the navel. If you have enough laxity, the stretch marks an inch above the navel will likely be below the navel after a TT. 

A consultation will provide the answers you want. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation,RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Stretch marks

+1

This is difficult to answer without a physical exam.  Typically, stretch marks at the level of the belly button or lower are removed with a tummy tuck.  But the end result depends on your baseline anatomy, location and distribution of stretch marks, and quality of your skin. See a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Stretch mark treatment

+1

Stretch marks above the belly button are usually improved with a tummy tuck even if they are not removed completely.  Tightening the skin smooths the texture of the stretch marks.

David Stoker, MD

Where will be stretch marks after tummy tuck?

+1

Tummy tuck is a great procedure for removing excess skin/fat from belly button down to groin area as well as tightening the core muscle.  If you have stretch marks one inch above your belly button, after the tummy tuck, they will be in the lower abdomen below the new belly button.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon and ask whether you are going to be a good candidate for tummy tuck and ask whether most of your stretch marks can be removed along with lower abdominal skin.  Good luck to you.

Sugene Kim, MD

It depends in your skin

+1

Hi , it depends always on the amount of skin that you have.  Normally 1 or 2 cm above the belly button can be removed .   As i told you it depends on the amount of skin and the strecht marks around the navel. 

Juan Pablo Cervantes, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon