Will my Stomach Get Smaller Once the Swelling Goes Away? I Am 2 1/2 Weeks Post TT.

Also I have heard mixed reviews as far as Vit E and other types of oil My Dr. said the best thing for the scar is daily massaging and no sun exposure for the first year. Thanks!

21/2 weeks after tummy tuck

+1

Most patients will have swelling after a tummy tuck for at least 3 months.  At this point most but not of the swelling will have resolved.  The last bit of swelling usually takes another 3 - 6 months. Most patients feel there is less swelling in the morning and more as the day goes on especially in patients who are more active during the day.  I encourage patients to wear some type of compression for the first 6 weeks at least.  Many patients choose to wear it for longer until they feel the swelling has resolved completely. This will certainly vary from patient to patient. 

The scar will take about 9 - 12 months to look the way it will permanently.  Only a silicone based product has been shown to help a scar.  There are a number of products on the market to help scarring, I don't believe any one is better than another with the exception of the silicone based products.

Best of luck.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Swelling From TT

+1

YES! You are only 2.5 weeks out from your surgery so you are definitely still experiencing swelling. Be patient and give it some time.  Everyone is different but it can take up to 6 months for all the swelling to resolve.  I recommend BioCorneum gel and silicone sheeting for TT scars, but definitely discuss with your surgeon prior to use.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Swelling Following Tummy Tuck

+1

You probably still have some degree of swelling after 2-1/2 weeks. The swelling often takes many weeks to fully resolve. Try to be patient and enjoy the results!

As far as scars, there are varied opinion on what works best. Some feel that scars will heal well enough on their own, and many do. Others like to up-the-odds and one of the most preferred methods these days seem to be the silicone gel sheets. Vitamin E was a popular choice before newer creams including Scar Guard and others came along. 

Continue your follow up visits with your physician who can monitor your healing and make appropriate recommendations as your scars heal, avoid sun exposure and enjoy your new tummy!

Robert N. Young, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Post op swelling

+1

Definitely your stomach will get smaller.  It sometimes takes over 6 months for all the swelling to go away.  I would go with your surgeon's suggestion for wound care.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

If you are swollen, it will go down

+1

Without photos, I cannot comment.  It's best to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon so that he can monitor your healing.  Discuss scar management with him at your appointment.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Will my Stomach Get Smaller Once the Swelling Goes Away

+1

If there is swelling, yes. Without a photo it is not possible to comment further. Scar issue is separate--most scars heal well without any intervention. Abnormal scars often respond to a number of available remedies, which you should choose after discussion with your surgeon.  All the best.