Why is my stomach no longer flat? Almost 5 months after vaser lipo of abdomen and I still have tummy bulge! (photos)

I'm almost 5 months post vaser lipo of my full abdomen. Immediately after I had a flat stomach and now it is flat when I am laying on my stomach and there is a bulge when standing, on my side and in a sit up position. My doctor says there is still swelling. To me my stomach is soft. Could this be something else? I have weighed myself and I am currently at a lower weight than I was at time of surgery. Thank you for your advice!

Why is my stomach no longer flat? Almost 5 months after vaser lipo of abdomen and I still have tummy bulge!

+1
My easy response is your result is acceptable. But try exercise and increase abdominal muscle.Otherwise a TT might be your next option. 

Might not be fat below skin

+1
Thanks for your question and the pictures. Without an exam it is hard to say with certainty, but you may just have some protrusion from things that are intraabdominal. With weight gain, pregnancy and other normal conditions the abdominal muscles can have some separation. This leads to an area of protrusion especially below the belly button. This condition is best treated with an abdominoplasty. Hopefully, this can be better discussed with your plastic surgeon, since it really does take an exam to determine. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD