Will or Can my Stomach Become Uneven?

I had coolsculpting done on my lower stomach yesterday. I didn't have any pain. I'm barely numb and its only day 2. Is it bad if one side of my stomach is more sore and numb than the other? Does it mean its going to be uneven?

Lower Abdomen CoolSculpting Results

+1
CoolSculpting has proven to be an effective non surgical method for reducing the fat in the lower abdomen.  Many patients will require a second treatment on this area to fully sculpt the fat bulge.  Your provider can determine if surrounding areas, such as upper abdomen or love handles, may need to be treated to give you desired results.  Feeling sore and numb after CoolSculpting is normal.  It is also normal to experience side effects differently in parts of the treated area.  Side effects are not related to the treatment's effectiveness.

CoolSculpting results are achieved after three months.  At that time you may wish to be reassessed to determine if additional treatments are necessary.  My Raleigh NC practice offers Instant Rebates for a free CoolSculpting session with each session purchased.  This special pricing is available to my practice as our status as Premier Crystal Practice.  You can find the top providers of CoolSculpting in your area by searching the CoolSculpting website.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for fat loss in NYC does not depend on soreness

+1

Many patients who undergo CoolSculpting receive equal results side to side with fat reduction despite one side feeling more sore than the other.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Different feelings don't mean different results

+1

It is not uncommon for different sides or different areas of the body to feel or react differently to any procedure,  including coolsculpting. Pain, discomfort, numbness are not indicative of good outcome.  Some patients are uneven to begin with so applicators may be placed differently on different sides of the body to adjust for this.  Don't worry.  

Grant Stevens, MD

Uneven Soreness after CoolSculpting

+1

It is not uncommon to have soreness on one side and not the other side.  This does not indicate that one side will have better results than the other.  As long as good suction was achieved with the applicators, you should see results on both sides.

Soreness after CoolSculpting

+1

It's a good thing you did not have any pain during your procedure and that you are barely numb.  This is the case for most patients and is something that we hope for with every treatment.  Although I appreciate your concern, it is very unlikely that you will have uneven CoolSculpting if adequate suction was used and the applicator was placed properly with respect to your anatomy.  It is normal not to feel the same amount of numbness on one side versus the other because no person is exactly asymmetrical and nerves can follow different courses in the same person.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon