Was my Stomach Affected by my Tummy Tuck? (photo)

i had my tummy tuck done about 5 1/2 months ago. right after my surgery, i had a purtruding area under my right breast about the size of a tennis ball. it turned into a purple bruise. when i went to see my doctor after the surgery, he pressed and just said, " what is that" and he never gave it any other mention. he brushed it off and i let him like a dummy. not, of course the bruise is gone but area still gets very large and tight when i eat. could the tummy tuck have affected my stomach in some way?

Was my Stomach Affected by my Tummy Tuck

+1

This really needs an in person exam. I can't quite tell from the photo what I am looking at. From the history, a hematoma (collection of blood) seems likely. If your surgeon brushes this off you may need a second opinion. You might start with your primary physician.

Thanks, all the best. 

Abdominal bulge after tummy tuck

+1
A physical exam is necessary to evaluate this condition. You may have a seroma or hematoma which hasn't resolved.Abdminoplasty does not affect the stomach. If there is a hernia which wasn't treated, this could also be symptomatic. If you are concerned and your plastic surgeon is brushing you off, then definitely consider a second opinion.

Was my Stomach Affected by my Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thanks for the interesting issues. But you need in person evaluation and a scan to discover the cause and problem in this area of your surgery. 

Tummy Tuck and Bulging - Possible Hematoma

+1

With your description, I suspect you have a hematoma or blood collection. Small hematomas will absorb or resolve on their own. Big ones can require treatment.

Treatment for the hematoma varies on its size and also how old it is. Sometimes just aspiration is all that is necessary. A drainage tube might be required also. Finally, surgery can be required, but this is not common. The blood can liquify and become a chronic seroma. This can require treatment and removal.

The next best step is diagnosis of your problem. An ultrasound or cat scan will help. This will give us a better idea of what it is.

If your doctor isn't being responsive now, please get a second opinion. The outcome of treatment for these conditions is usually excellent. So be comforted, but start the process by seeing your doctor or another plastic surgeon.

West Chester Plastic Surgeon

Lump after tummy tuck

+1

Your history suggests a blood collection, but it is possible that there is a hernia or the tightening was not done up to that level, or not done at all.

At this stage after surgery, an imaging study may clarify what the issue is.

It is very unlikely-- but not impossible-- that your stomach itself would have been affected.

Lump still there five months after tummy tuck

+1

The lump and the purple coloration suggests a collection of blood called a hematoma. Some will not go away without drainage. Ask your surgeon again to have a look, and perhaps aspirate the lump in the office.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

Hello

+1

You need to get a second opinion, it looks like you could have a hematoma of old blood. WIthout an exam its very hard to determine what it is and what can be done to improve it. In our practice what we do is liposucition in the area to get the old hematoma out. If your current dr is not willing to help you need to look else where.