My Son Scratched Me After Co2 Laser; Small White Scar, Will It Fade As my Skin Builds Collagen?

Will this scar improve with time?

+1

It's unfortunate that you were scratched while healing after CO2 laser resurfacing. The ultimate outcome depends upon several factors:

• How soon after laser resurfacing you were scratched
  • How deep the scratch went
  • How it was treated after the injury

If the scratch wasn't too deep (most likely) and was kept clean and moist like the rest of your face after laser resurfacing it should heal well. Scars will mature over a period of 12 months and improve markedly without intervention during that time. If you still have concerns beyond about six weeks, you can visit your laser physician for evaluation. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon