My son 21, has some scars from long ago acne. Do they do dermabrasion to smooth the skin?

Although they are faint, he is very stressed about it.Do they do dermabrasion to smooth the skin?

There are many options

+1
Dermabrasion is an option; but it is one I use as a last resort. There are more risks with Dermabrasion and downtime is 10-14 days. I will send you a list of more conservative option and a video on Dermabrasion. Please find an experienced Dermatologist who performs fractional CO2 lasers.One to two sessions are needed to achieve significant improvement.Dr. A. David Rahimi is one of the most experienced Acne Surgeons in Los Angeles. He is ready to put together an individual treatment regimen that fits your goals and budget. He has personally performed over 100,000 laser treatments in the past 15 years on many patients with Hispanic, Asian, Armenian, African American, and Middle Eastern backgrounds.
During the consultation he will discuss all the procedures that may be beneficial to you, including TCA peels, Jessner Peels, Needling, Subsicion, Punch grafting, stem cell fat grafting, Erbium and CO2 fractional laser resurfacing, Cooltouch lasers, Diolite laser, Dermabrasion, Saline injections and much much more.

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Acne Scarring

+1
Acne scarring can be improved by laser resurfacing , surgical dermabrasion and fractional radio-frequency treatments. Surgical dermabrasion is typically performed for small isolated regions of acne scarring whereas laser treatments are best for generalized scarring. It is recommended to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon