Why is my Smile Crooked?

My smile is getting more and more crooked as I get older. The top right side goes up higher and shows more of my teeth than the left side. It looks terrible. What's happening to my smile?

Crooked Smile Why?

+1

From the information you have given us it is impossible to give you a good answer with the limited information and without a picture. But in general, teeth shift and get slighly more crooked as we get older.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Shifting teeth

+1

Have you had a history of periodontal disease? That can make certain teeth look longer due to receding gum tissue as well as lost bone support which will cause teeth to shift even more than they would naturally.

Marielaina Perrone, DDS
Henderson Cosmetic Dentist

Teeth shift as we get older

+1

Impossible to give you a good answer with the limited information and with not picture.  But in general, teeth shift and get slighly more crooked as we get older. If you have a bad bite or missing some teeth, this makes it worse because the bite is not stable and teeth have more tendency to shift than if you have a stable bite.

You need an experienced cosmetic dentist to diagnose and give you suggestions on how to fix it. You may want to consider seeing an orthodontist for a consultation as well.

Good luck

Dr. T

Mauricio C. Tijerino, DMD
Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist