I am seeking moderate enhancement, from a post-pregnancy A to a B. Are my small, round, high expectations unrealistic? (photo)

I've been to a surgeon who had me try on some 300cc implants and to me they look matronly. I had hoped for a high, round, perky result. I am told that my torso is very long so they will sit lower on my chest. He discouraged a high profile implant, saying the look would be unnatural. I'm actually ok with them looking a little rounder at the top to obtain a nice small perky breast. Would a higher profile implant give me the results I want? I have little volume at the upper pole. 5'2 115lbs

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
After pregnancy, the breasts have stretched and droop. A simultaneous lift is just as important as the implant. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result. A frequent cause of dissatisfaction is not performing a simultaneous lift when needed. I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

I am seeking moderate enhancement, from a post-pregnancy A to a B. Are my small, round, high expectations unrealistic?

+1
The breast implant width should mirror the breast imprint.  It is hard to give advice without an exam or pictures.  Placing implants under the muscle is appropriate for patients with less soft tissue coverage.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these surgeries each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

+1
Breast augmentation is surgery, not magic.

Compare before and after photos and you will note that the features of the breasts are the same - the only difference is that the breasts are fuller after surgery.

If you have high, round breasts before surgery you will have them after, at least until the implants begin to drop.

If you have deflated, droopy breasts after pregnancy and breastfeeding, then your breasts will be lower and less round after.

My colleagues and I could be more helpful if you were to post a photo of your breasts.

Good luck!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Breast

+1
Thank you for the picture.

I would suggest to post another picture where your breast are actually showing.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

A breast lift plus implants usually needed for perky breast after pregnancy

+1
A formal examination or at least a photograph of your breasts is necessary to properly answer your question.

However following pregnancy the breasts often becomes smaller and also sag lower. If your breasts have sagged and your nipple is below the inframammary crease that is the fold under your breast then a breast lift, not a high profile implant, will be required to make your breast perky. 300 cc is a very common size of breast implant in patients in your situation.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Are my small, round, high expectations unrealistic?

+1
There is no way to answer questions about specific surgical alterations to your body without knowing what your body looks like unclothed and unsupported with front & side views, arms at your sides.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Perky breast.

+1
Thank you for your picture. If physical exam or pictures without the Sizer's would be helpful. Typically when women want high perky breast and have had children it can require a lift with an implant to achieve that. High-profile implants alone in that situation will not typically give you the result you want.

Good luck.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD,DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Sizers

+1
Firstly, I hate sizers and never use them because you might as well put a shoe in your bra. No way will a sizer on top of your breast in a bra resemble what you will look like when the implant is sitting on your chest wall. The implant should be based on your tissue measurements and than adjusted for the shape you prefer

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC