Are my Slanty Eyes After Midface Lift Permanent?

Hi, I had a midface lift two months ago and now I look like a cat. I am only 33 but wanted to correct the droopyness on one side of my face caused by an injury in my childhood. I had a deep nasolabial fold on that side (still do), but I liked the other side of my face. My PS insisted I have a midface on both sides. Now when I smile my eyes slant upward and get small and beady and I get two deep creases under each eye. Will this go away? I don't smile anymore b/c I look like a freak when I do.

Cat Eyes after Midface Lift

+1

The cat eyes do tend to improve with time as the tissues and sutures relax.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Cat like eyes are not usual after a midface lift and will resolve

+1

The cat like eyes will resolve with time. I would have your doctor keep following you in regards to this. I personally do like midface lifts. They are unnatural and in my opinion does not work. I prefer filling over facelifting.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cat eyes after midface lift

+1

I no longer do midfacelft myself. It takes a while for the lateral eye to fall and in many I had to revise it or correct the symmetry.Wait a few months and if they dont descend I revise them at 6 montha,

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Slanty eyes after a mid face lift

+1

Sorry you are so disappointed.

• Give yourself a full six months.By then most swelling has subsided.
  • If you still don't look like yourself, discuss this with your doctor and also get a second opinion before deciding what to do. 

Chances are it will correct itself. Best of luck.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Eyes slant after midface lift.

+1

Eyes slant after midface lift and this can be revised if needed but it will probably go back to normal in a few months.

Improper Mid Face Lift Can Cause Cat-Like Appearance

+1

The Midface or cheek area has been a controversial area in the field of face lift cosmetic surgery. Some surgeons believe passionately in procedures such as endoscopic mid facelift, however it’s been my experience and observation that when I see the patients who have gone to these surgeons and have had this type of mid facelift procedure, they look overpulled and “cat like” as you describe. You may have to consult with your former surgeon or another surgeon who can evaluate possible solutions for revisional surgery or treatments.

At my practice in  New York, I prefer to restore volume to the midface with techniques such as fat transfer and placement of submalar implants, or the Vampire Facelift using Platelet Rich Plasma from your own blood to restore volume and generate new collagen and a healthy glow. Restoring the midface volume at the time of facelifting makes a significant difference in how young you can look.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon