If my Skin is Thick Could I Have Surgery Again Without Making It Look Unnatural?

I got 7 years ago a rhinoplasty, got a great improvement since my nose was too wide. but the problem is that it is not as thin as I wanted, the doctor told me that this was because my skin was thick .. I'd like to have surgery to reduce slightly the width and also the profile as I feel that it looks a little ultimately, there could be some risk? any doctor could slightly reduce the width without making it look bad or (do not want to be rude) like Michael Jackson? Thank you.

Thick Skin & Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty in thick-skinned patients is challenging because one has to overcorrect the underlying nasal framework and then has to wait over a year because of the prolonged swelling and the thickness of the skin. It may take a year to year and a half to obtain the optimal result by someone who has experience and expertise in rhinoplasty.

Revision Rhinoplasty in Patient with Thick Skin

+1

First, select a surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty. The answer to your question depends on your present appearance and your personal goals. Ask a lot of questions and thoroughly research your alternatives before making a decision.

Revision for thick skin

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing your areas of concern

Sam Naficy, MD

Secondary rhinoplasty with thick skin....

+1

The answer is.....it depends. If the nasal bones are still wide (you can put your fingers on the bridge of your nose and slide them outward to feel the bones) they can be narrowed. If the skin is very thick you might not be able to see much of a difference.

If you post some photos I could give you more specific guidance....

Hope the helps,

Dr. Michael in Miami

Michael Salzhauer, MD

Revision rhinoplasty could safely be performed to further refine your nose.

+1

The amount of refinement you can achieve (and how much the width can be reduced) is certainly limited by the thickness of your skin.  That being said, if you choose a surgeon that respects the anatomy and structural integrity of your nose, it is possible to safely refine your nose with revision rhinoplasty.  7 years is sufficient time for your skin to heal and to undergo another procedure.

Donald B. Yoo, MD