Can my skin regain its healthy and young appearance at 29 or should I go for botox?

I ll be 29 in March and my face is really skinny. I have a very stressful life and i cannot avoid it. When I smile, I have wrinkles all around my face specially on my cheeks. However, when I don't, my face is normal (except for my forehead). Hydrating creams haven't been of much benefit.

Botox and a Healthy Appearance

+1

No matter what race or ethnicity you are, everyone’s face and skin will age. One of the most popular treatments to combat wrinkles and fine lines is to receive injectable treatments such as Botox, Juvederm or Sculptra. Botox can help to soften the appearance of fine lines around your eyes, forhead, and mouth and in some cases can even make your eyes appear more wide open. For a very thinly shaped face you may want to consider using filler such as Juvederm or even Sculptra, however the first step is to start by seeing a qualified injector, either a board certified plastic or facial plastic surgeon. Thanks for this great question.

Durham Plastic Surgeon

Botox may be a good choice

+1

Botox can be a great choice for patients looking to treat and prevent facial wrinkles, specifically around the forehead and eye area. The results from Botox will be visible about 1 week post treatment, so if you are looking for quick results, this may be something you want to consider. When seeking treatment, you will want to make sure you choose an experienced provider.

There are other options that you may want to consider as well. If you are not using sunscreen already, you want to make sure you are using at least an SPF 30 daily. This will help prevent future sun damage (including wrinkles).

Additionally prescription topical retinoids, like Retin-A, are a great option for treating and preventing fine lines and wrinkles. You have to be patient when using these products, as the results can take 4-6 months to begin to appear.

You do have a lot of options. You are starting to think about this early as well which is a benefit. Ultimately, discussing your goals with an experienced dermatologist will be best in determining which option(s) are best for you.

Emil A. Tanghetti, MD
Sacramento Dermatologist

+1

Botox is a great alternative to help prevent future line/wrinkles and can help soften lines on the forehead if they're not to deep to start, its best you seek a reputable Board certified physician for an in-person evaluation to see what may be best for your aesthetic desires.