My Skin is Pulling Away from Implant?

Im 7 wks post op submusc silicone imp with mastopexy. 350cc in the left and 400 cc in the right. Today I had post op appt and my ps told me that my skin is pulling away from the left implant. And to push down on it for 5 min at a time as often as possible. What causes this? And is it too late for optimal results? For the last 2 wks I have been going 12 hrs on 12 hrs off with sports bra as instructed by a nurse at last visit. Today a diff. Nurse said I need to wear bra 24/7 for a year.

Skin pulling away from the implant

+1

I dont understand what your question is asking. The skin is not directly on the implant and there is breast tissue between the skin and the implant. You are early after surgery. Let the swelling resolve. 

In breast augmentation, full settling of implants takes sometimes longer than even 7 weeks

+1

It is difficult to assess what your plastic surgeon meant with the phrase "skin pulling away fromt the implants".  With that said, sometimes, it takes longer than even 7 weeks for implants to settle.  If your problem is that the left implant is riding too high, perhaps it would benefit from a compression band that you can wear to push the left side down to match the other side.  

A photo will help to assess your problem better and be more informative with your answer.  So, please submit one and maybe I can give you a more decisive answer.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

My Skin is Pulling Away from Implant?

+1

I can only imagine what your surgeon meant. A photo might help me understand.

It may well be that the implants are high riding and the advice is meant to try to help them settle into a more favorable position. Ask your surgeon if a pectoral strap would be helpful. 

It may also be that you might need a breast lift, but again, without photos I can only guess.

Continue to follow up with your surgeon, and ask questions as you do on this site. Your questions are completely appropriate.

Thanks and best wishes.