Will my Skin Flatten Out? (photo)

I had a breast reduction about 2 months ago. I pulled out what I thought was a stitch but now I think it was a deep suture and skin is puffed up.My skin is not opened up everything is healing. I just want to know if this will go away on its own.

Concerns about Scar after Breast Reduction?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Your plastic surgeon is always the best resource for you;  he/she will be able to give you the best advice after direct examination. However, you should have some peace of mind that scars and/or areas of irregularity (such as seen in your photograph)  tend to smoothen out and improve with time. These areas tend to improve for the first one to two years after surgery.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Hello

+1

Without an exam it’s hard to say or give you accurate advice. It does not look infected. We believe it should heal on its own. If you see drainage, puss or fever you need to see your PS.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS