Why Does my Skin Feel Tight in the Morning?

I had a liposuction done on my triceps, upper back and upper and lower abdomen on Thursday feb 21st. For the first 2 days after when I wake up in the mornings my skin was fine. I mean aside from the bruising and swelling. But now all of a sudden for the last 2 mornings when I wake up the skin around my arms feels extremely tight. I have to sit up for 2 min. to get the tightness to go away. Is that normal?

Tightness of Arms after Liposuction that Resolves During the Day

+2

The tightness of the arms after liposuction may be due to swelling, particularly if that tightness improves with position.  In addition, early scar formation may produce a sensation of tightness, which should improve over the following months.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Why Does my Skin Feel Tight in the Morning

+1

This does not sound particularly alarming, and is probably related to dependent swelling that resolves once you are standing. But the question is best directed to your surgeon who knows you, knows what was done.

All the best.