My Skin is Extremely Sensitive and Dry After Accutane Course. How Long Will This Last?

My skin is extremely sensitive and dry after accutane course. i have taken 20 mg oratane for almost 3 months... my oil glands stopped working. i have got wrinkles on my face. for how long does this dryness last and when my oil glands start producing oil.

Accutane and dry skin

+3

One of the ways Accutane works for Acne is by decreasing sebum (oil) production.  There is some permanent level of oil reduction but your oil production will ramp up again in 6-12 months.  Mind you, 20 mg per day for 3 months does not sound like an adequate course for acne so if you are expecting a permanent improvement in your acne you may be disappointed.  The wrinkles you are seeing are simply because your skin is drier and will disappear once you find a skin care regimen with the proper amount of moisture for your new skin.  Accutane has been shown in studies to reverse wrinkles in patients because of its retinol like effects so don't worry that you have done anything to prematurely age your skin.  

Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon