Is my Skin Damaged After Jessener Peel? (photo)

hi, my name is vanessa and i just done a Jessner peel myself, actually this is my second that i had did it myself, but this time i did like 4 layers, and is been 2 weeks more now, the dead skin was completely peeled off and it seems healed too, however, i realized that my skin doesn't look normal and is little pinky and glossy!? it wasn't look like that when completed healed at the first time, am i doing to strong or it just need a little more time to get recover? or am i damaged my skin!? pleas

Melarase cream after a Jessner's peel

+2
The redness will likely resolve, but there is a slight risk of hyperpigmentation after the peel, so I would recommend a post chemical peel topical regimen. I use the Melarase program in my practice. Apply Melarase AM in the morning and Melarase PM in the evening to even out the color post peel. 

Damage after Jessner Peel

+1

Well, it is hard to say for sure from a single photo, but it is probable you will recover from this.  It seems to me that even if you are able to obtain Jessner's Solution, it is not very smart to apply in on yourself.  There is a reason that people are trained in the correct manner of performing these peels.  Obviously, with the 73% "Worth It" rating on RealSelf (with an average cost on this forum of $200), Jessner's Peel is a highly popular treatment which is well worth the money paid when properly performed.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon