Will my Silicone Cheek Implants Grow Bigger with Time?

I just got silastic cheek implants about 3 months ago. They're...ok, but I'd prefer them to be a but more noticable. They're so subtle that no one notices the change, which makes me wonder if they were even worth it. Is it true that bone tissue will start to grow on top of the implants with time, thus making the implants bigger and somewhat more noticable?

Silicone implants will not increase in size over time

+1

Silicone implants will not increase in size over time, and no bone growth will be stimulated

Cheek augmentation, Cheek implants

+1

Cheek implants will not get bigger with time.

Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

+1

I have performed many Cheek Augmentations with Cheek Implants using the silastic variety and no, they will not get larger with time.  In fact, the size decreases as the cheek tissues heal for 3-6 months following the implant placement.  It's very important that the plastic and cosmetic surgeon you select for Cheek or Chin Augmentation understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive face.  IMHO, it's OK to subtle augmentation as long as it's aesthetically correct.  

Cheek Implants Do Not Grow Bigger After Surgery

+1

No form of cheek augmentation, regardless of the implant material, will get bigger with time. Bone does not grow around or on top of the implants. At three months after surgery, what you now see is the way they will be as all of the swelling has now subsided. The only way to make your cheek implants bigger is to replace them with larger ones.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Silicone cheek implants do not grow with time.

+1

Silicone cheek implants do not grow with time. You can make them larger since they come in sizes, but you might want to wait to see if you like them in 3 more months of getting use to them.

Will Silicone cheek implants get bigger over time?

+1

Silicone cheek implants will not enlarge over time.  If you desire more augmentation, you should have a larger implant placed.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon